Monday, September 23, 2013

About my costuming status

Hello, watchers, long time no see!

I'm afraid my updates for the last year have been incredibly sporadic, I spent 7 months not sewing and then the remaining 5 frantically trying to construct 4 new costumes in time for Dragon*Con. Moaning Myrtle, unfortunately, failed. I couldn't find the right robe fabric, and repeated attempts to paint, dye, and age 4 different lengths of fabric didn't work, so I'm stashing it until I stumble across the right one. I learned from the original costume designer that they used a curtaining fabric, and I do have something similar in my bathroom... in teal. So I'll just keep my eyes out. I'll update on the other two I finished later.

I will also not be doing my yearly costume list, as I feel like I jinx myself every time I post my list, which seems to change throughout the year, and then I feel guilty when I change it or don't finish something, so instead I will be updating which costumes I'm working on once I actually start working on them :) I have a pretty spectacular wish list for this year, and hopefully it will be a better one for me. I felt terrible going to Dragon*Con this year with only 3 new costumes, two of them relatively simple, my main one not finished but wearable, and one repeat. I didn't get a good reaction from people at all. I did get to participate in my first costuming group, which was fabulous (even if most people probably didn't know who I was despite being a main character). Looking forward to more groups next year, and hopefully more costumes! I'm hoping to get back to what I love doing, blogging more about my works in progress and how I'm doing what I'm doing instead of this what-I'm-planning-on-doing stuff.

Now I'll put the first costume I finished in a separate post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to people leaving spam comments on my page, all comments will be sent to me before being posted public.