I finished the headjewel for my Padme, I left wome wire on the end though because I'm not entirely sure what kind of clip to attach it to. The attachment method isn't obvious at all on hers so I don't really have a clue how to go about it yet.
The original is flat-backed gems (couldn't find) put in pronged settings that have 4 eyes on them, which I also couldn't find, so I improvised with some beads and wire and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.
Hopefully I'll have a gown update this weekend, I didn't get much done the past few weeks because my machine can't handle velvet with piping without FUBARing it all to hell. But I found out last night my mother's expensive machine can! You can adjust the presser foot pressure on hers and I got tons done last night. Right now I'm working on putting the collar/lapel together! I also have the frames for the hairpiece almost finished, I am testing a temporary brown dye tomorrow and getting hairpieces to put it all together, plus I got all the make-up last weekend. I'll be doing a test on all of this before Dragon*Con.