Sunday, June 1, 2014

So I finished making a weird thing; Katniss' cowl finished

I finished this awhile back, and was waiting to post the final picture as a 'big reveal', but the last few snows of the season just didn't stick and I wasn't able to get a photographer. I decided to take some dummy pictures today and just post it. I'm planning on wearing it to Dragon*Con this year, and am fixing up my Singer treadle to hopefully sew through leather. Once I can find some suitable leather I plan to make her hunting coat from scratch. So, in the mean time, here's the finished piece.


4 comments:

  1. Beautifully and meticulously done – your standard, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have awarded you the Liebster Award! Check out the details at my blog. http://mothballfleet.blogspot.com/2014/06/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is wonderful. The most authentic replication I have seen. How much yarn did you use for this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm trying to remember, I know I wrote it down somewhere... I think it might have been 6 skeins of the Wool Ease Thick n Quick yarn

      Delete