Hello lovely watchers!
Sorry for my lack of posts, too much to do, not enough time to keep up with all my sites. Anyways...
I was very surprised and flattered about a month ago to not only be nominated, but nominated twice for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
Maggie's Costume Wardrobe and Chelsea from A Sartorial Statement. I probably don't deserve it because I've been a very bad little blogger this year, but I'll talk about it in my next post ;) I actually have project updates for a change.
To accept the award, one must:
1. Display the award and link back to the person who nominated you.
2. State 7 facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
4. Notify the winners.
I don't think I actually follow 15 active blogs, so I'll post 5, because they are awesome, and I don't want them to feel obligated to nominate 15 if they don't want to.
Seven facts about myself:
1. My eye color is a mystery. A class in high school actually had a debate about it. A poll I posted was split, the closest consensus I can get is that they are a gray-blue-green.
2. I usually name my pets after characters. Our first pet was a canary named Big Bird. My first cat was Princess (as to be expected from a 9 year old). I've had Nermal (from Garfield), Wicket (from Star Wars), Hermione (Harry Potter... Hermie for short, and that was before Order of the Phoenix was released), Chloe (Smallville) and Jonesy (Alien)
3. I have a self-imposed rule that has worked well for me the past few years: I am not allowed to buy stash fabric unless I have a project already in mind for it. It is the reason why I only have 10 stash tubs instead of 50.
4. I am apparently very stretchy. I can put my left hand behind my back and grab my right ear. When I met Felicia Day at C2E2, she was very fascinated and confused as to how I managed to get Swarovski crystals on the back of my own shoulder. She just kept asking about it! So I grabbed my ear just to freak her out.
5. I was born in Chicago, IL, and due to my dad's job had moved 16 times until this point in my life. I had also lived in Texas, Louisiana, various places in Missouri, Iowa, California, and Nevada. I have yet to see the East Coast.
6. Halloween is my favorite holiday (surprised, right?) and the costumes that I favored and had remade over several years growing up was a black cat, and Wednesday Addams. I swear I will make a proper Wednesday one day.
7. I have a level 80 Warrior Gnome on World of Warcraft (named Wiinter after a Star Wars character). I've recently suspended my account though due to getting a NES/SNES unit and have been playing my favorite old games. Super Mario Kart and Tetris are my faves.
And now the fun part...
-Betsy's Costumery - Betsy's costumes are always amazing and accurate! I especially loved her Effie, which I got to see in person last year!
-Bridges on the Body - This is a wonderful blog about corseting and I've learned so much! She hosted a corset sew-along last year that was exceptionally informative and helpful (even if I did only half finish, at least I have a sound pattern now!)
-I Am C3P0 - I am always impressed by costumers who have a good handle on the prop side of things, and his Threepio costume has been a joy to watch being put together
-The Fashionable Past- Known as Koshka the Cat, I've watched her online making costumes since I first got internet connection. She's always coming up with beautiful things!
-Locks of Elegance - A tutorial site on how to do period hairstyles! Though, she has a new site.